View Single Post
Old 28th February 2023, 14:11   #19
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default Update: Nine estates now & general details.

I’ve had an MG-ZT-T wish to join us from Sheffield via the facebook page. I’ve PM’d him with details of the J28 meet-up/rendezvous if he wishes to come in convoy.

Regarding said meet up I’m leaning towards pulling the times about 30mins earlier otherwise we would be getting to Longbridge late enough to get stuck queuing to get in. So meet for 7:20am to leave about 7:30am. By the time we collect Starbug on the way & allowing that I was going to convoy at 60mph to allow for stranglers to catch back up I think that will give us a 9:15-30am arrival.

I have tried to contact Gemma Cartwright but her email address didn’t work. I wanted to inform her of this little event so those not arriving with us can still be directed towards our location.

To my knowledge this makes eight Tourers & one ZT-T with three more interested cars (one ZT-T & two Tourers). I’m sure this number will drift upwards as we close on the date.

I have written up a one page document explaining the development of the Tourer derived from a 2001 ‘press’ brochure, the James Taylor book & 2001 ‘sales’ brochure. It has a diagram comparing the size & volume of the estate boot capacity with the saloon. This I will laminate & stick in the window. I will print a few extra copies off for those wishing to have one of their own.
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote