View Single Post
Old 25th March 2023, 10:09   #20
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default Update. Important details further down.

I’ve got ten estates by my count wishing to join now, eight off facebook & two on here. I’m counting seven wishing to convoy in together.

I have messaged & emailed Gemma Cartwright plus tagged her on facebook with no response regarding a number/letter or code to park together. I really don’t think this is necessary based on previous years as it’s more an ad hoc gathering than a car show & people move around, leave for lunch etc anyway.

So…ask for the 75 club then look for the group of Tourers clustered together. I will tell her ‘Tourers on Tour’ on the day for those arriving separately & the seven of us coming on together will leave a couple of spaces in the middle for other estates to join us.

For those convoying via Brewer’s Fayre J28 Southbound of the M1. Meet time is 7:20am for leaving at 7:30am. Six cars are meeting here with a seventh joining via the M69 en route. This gives us ample time to get there and not be separated by the entry traffic.

Route is M1 south to Leicester, M69 SW to Warwick, M40 NW, M42 West into Birmingham (Longbridge) & then A roads to Crofton Park itself. Starbug is joining us on the M69 at Earl Shilton.

I will cruise at 60mph to allow stragglers time to catch up (& improve mpg!). I won’t be accelerating off hard & I’m in no rush. The idea is a leisure cruise in.

This should get us there for about 9:15am & keep us grouped together on entry.

If the others coming from the south want to join us on route via the M42/M40 please do so or if you can think of a local car park we can all gather together in before heading to Crofton Park?
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote