View Single Post
Old 17th July 2023, 10:30   #10
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Thanks Dougie, I can help now that I know I'm looking at Harmony wiring.

The steering wheel remote switch +ve is on pin 10 (blue/orange) of the 17 pin black connector. The -ve is on pin 17 (blue/purple).

Red/white is probably the panel illumination on pin 13, can you confirm that please Dougie? Your thumbnail pictures are too small and I can't enlarge them plus they're low resolution! If you can post the photo of the connector in full size using the mountain icon in the message box controls it will help enormously.

The only connection you're unlikely to have is pin 3, the telephone muting. However there's a black wire on pin 15 which is earth! I can be more sure with a higher resolution photo.

Simon
That's great Simon, thank you. I've retaken the pics and uploaded them onto my server so they're clearer.

I've also enlarged the C-type ISO from the new car connectors as you'll see below. Rave shows those two wires on the green connector coming from the SWCs on the VDO CCD413X wiring in that car, so I'm assuming they will have to be connected (in whichever permutation) to pins 10 & 17 on the 17-pin adapter?

I'm concluding that the standard adapter I've ordered will have to have pins 10 & 17 added and wired for the SWCs, but the dimmer/backlight pin 13 will probably work off the bat. What's further confused me is that standard connector diagrams (see last pic below) number the adapter pins from 1-13 and not 1-17!

goltho is offline   Reply With Quote