View Single Post
Old 9th November 2023, 20:39   #15
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
Tks bl53krz,

I'm having two new front tyres fitted this Wednesday, so hopefully full resolution right there.

As a check, I had the front wheels separately balanced on Monday (one step at a time) and the tyre fitter straightaway reckoned the uneven wear, minor cracks and maybe a flat spot(s) on the front tyre(s) was the problem.

But your comment has me worried/wondering, as the main part of the initial MOT fail 6 weeks ago was a difficult piece of welding required at the offside rear subframe mounting.

Just for my understanding,, when you say "...rear mountings on the wishbones". is that the rear mountings of wishbones at the front? And, when you say "once fixed with new bearings", sorry what bearings is that?

See Arctic's post in members parts for sale... Unipart Bearings X 2. These are the front lower arm, rear bearings... Had the job done on mine recently with parts bought from Arctic/Steve. 🙂

Sent from my Note_7P using Tapatalk

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote