View Single Post
Old 17th January 2024, 17:57   #2
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
Hi All
My cdti got very lumpy a few days ago was blowing out grey smoke and lost power. No hassle, thought I. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the MAF. While out in the cold I also replaced the front pads and did an oil and filter change. Nothing difficult!
While I was repositioning the jack the car slipped off the passenger side axle stand which was located on the crossmember under the radiator and broke a piece of plastic.
Now, when the car starts and manages to run, the turbo whistles like the Royal Scotsman. The broken plastic is/was tube shaped. One side goes to a rubber hose, (about 1 1/2" diameter), the bit it broke away from looks as if it's attached to the side of radiator.
My question is, is it part of the radiator and if so, does anyone have a spare that they could sell me.
Also, just to make a bad day worse, I've done the impossible and lost the bright yellow oil filler cap.
As someone far more famous said, "Woe, woe and thrice woe".

I've just managed to find a picture. It is the end of the intercooler.
If the end of the intercooler is badly damaged you will probably need a new intercooler, the turbo whistle like ......, thats because there will be zero boost, and the car will drive like a donkey. Yellow oil cap and intercooler, see usual places, Rimmer Bros (ouch, ouch...) Ebay ..., good luck
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote