View Single Post
Old 6th February 2024, 14:57   #27
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
It may well be that the packaging is used for other similar products for convenience reasons. When some of these companies set up abroad , they use their own tooling and production methods and materials. For example honda up north east uk. It provides them with a new market and distribution platform. Still , whoever makes what , if the end product is good, thats fine by me. The days of buying british made have in almost every industry , very sadly dissapeared...
Hmmm, dangerous to rely on one entity/sector for the provision of the State Pension (Service sector in this instance). Not making one's own products defines skill shortages and knowledge black holes. Men, overall, prefer manufacturing to more sedentary jobs especially if at lower education levels.
Plenty of rubbish coming in from overseas after the home produced product made to BS level is overwhelmed by cheaper non-adhering to standard is available.
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 6th February 2024 at 14:59.. Reason: Edit due to naughty word of C and R and A and P.
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote