Thread: My new V8 query
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2024, 12:37   #27
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Hi guys, well I've just been out to the V8 and i have just changed the coolant temperature sensor which i got from DMGRS. Needless to say it hasn't made a scrap of difference to the temperature problem. I started the car from cold and the temperature gauge just doesn't move for ages and then after what seems like an eternity it very slowly starts to creep upwards but only goes up slightly. So i took the car out just for a 15 minute run and it still does not get up to temperature. Only when i got back home and parked up with the engine at idle for another few minutes did the temperature gauge reach its normal position in the centre. Even so my heater is still blowing cold on the drivers side but maybe that is a matrix issue? Does this sound like thermostat or maybe even something more serious?
Well it might be a bad batch of temp senders or thermostats. However, I think they are o.k. as the readings are normal on idle.

Has anything been by-passed?

I would book an appointment with Austin Garages if nothing is obvious and the car will get a real thorough inspection which the findings will probably be detrimental to one's wallet. Always is for mine
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote