View Single Post
Old 20th April 2024, 22:18   #13
Icebear

Rover 75 saloon

Default Power steering low pressure return hose, Rover 75 Diesel mk2 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
Hi,

I have had similar issue on the return (low pressure) rubber pipe:

Here how i managed (5 years ago now):

Mike
Hi I am new to the forum. My Rover 75 diesel 2005 model is leaking power steering fluid from the low pressure return hose. The power steering fluid is running down the hose from where it meets the underside, bottom of the reservoir. I’m assuming that the clip was old and just needs a new jubilee clip and no more leaks . WRONG !!! After putting on new clip , still leaking!!! Some one passing by as I was trying to fix this problem said he worked for BMW at one time and thought the problem may be simply the return hose was nigh on 20 years old and had become stiff and as such leaking. My problem is I can’t locate this hose, part anywhere and thought it may be possible to buy a length of generic power steering low pressure hose and cut to size. Now here is my problem, I have NO idea what size, diameter this hose is ?? 5/8 , 16 mm, 10mm etc. I could possibly take it off and possibly measure it .I would though like to buy the hose first cut it to size and have it ready to put straight on after removing the old hose . So you good Knowledgeable people help me out what size do I order to replace this hose ? IĀ’m guessing 5/8, 16 mm. Hope someone in Rover land can help as IĀ’m still in a sharp learning curve when it comes to diesels. My first Rover and I love it ! Regards icebear

Last edited by Icebear; 20th April 2024 at 22:24..
Icebear is offline   Reply With Quote