Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Hi Steve,

ATM, I believe the answer is NO.
Looked ok last I was under the car. but I know these are a potential issue and I am planning to drop the subframe etc during the summer for some TLC as the car is 19yrs old, so just looking around for parts. I know that I have a broken spring (about 1/4 turn has separated from the bottom of one) so need to replace both (hence my post on the springs). Got a subframe sorted, (thanks Andy) got a pair replacement shocks in the garage, so now looking around for the arms.

I know that DMGRS have had some made to their 'revised' spec and that they get good reviews. However that does not mean that the STARLINE ones are rubbish, though they may be. Since I have NO direct experience with any STARLINE products I though I would ask.
Hi Stephen.
I see therefore it maybe worth asking ECP a few questions, where they are made, and by whom, wouldn't it be great if we had try before you buy

I did my rear subframe and upper lower arms including the roll bar, drop links on the tourer just before i sold it.

I managed to get hold of a sub frame from seller whom them from Spain which had all the above attached.

Treated and painted the whole lots a couple of coats.

Made a wooden jig to lift it up level, also used some all thread bolted into the subframe has guides to make sure it went onto the subframe correctly, they have just been borrowed to Devlish whom is doing his this come few weeks.

New bolts and washers used also.

My arms when taken off.

When they got poked a little.

None of the above was seem or noticed until i poked into the cup after a spring broke.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote