Old 23rd April 2024, 12:22   #174194
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
By 'eck! the sun has come out & it mfeels proper warm now, T-shirt weather

Ah! Thanks for that about the port Jeff.

Afternoon Phil, How fantastic to be able to grow avocado's there, I can imagine the devastation those monkeys would do to those.
Yes, the tomato seedlings have done well this year & look really healthy. It's a pity the cucumbers. bell peppers & chillies aren't doing so good with the cold & low light levels here.

We didn't get really any help from social services, They asked if we received a commode chair & Zimmer frames & that looks to be the lot here.

I'll be taking her to two hospital appointments on the 25-26th April at Wrightington for her rheumatoid/arthritis & the social people there are better, so we'll put the questions to them.

She's still in bed upstairs & can manage to get to the bathroom, It'll be a task to get her downstairs for those hospital appoints.

Thank you Ian

I am sorry to hear you have had very little support.

After Jessica broke her hip last year, we used a company in the community called Mediquip and the loan of the equipment which included an electric hospital bed was paid for by the NHS. Mediquip did the assembly and installation. They also take self referrals. They are nationwide. Here are some screenshots which may be of help.

It might be worth giving them a call to see if they can help. Jessica had the use of the hospital bed at home for 3 months then I used it for 2 months after my operation. Mediquip said we could have it for 12 months. But after 5 months we asked them to collect it. They put it some other equipment for the bathroom, a seat in the shower and they provided another set of helping hands, they raised the toilet seat and the height of the recliner chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote