Old 1st May 2024, 09:36   #174271
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, It's a grey ol day out there with no rain forecast. I'm off to a friend's funeral this morning.

Missus is pretty much the same & not a happy bunny with the pain. She's confined to bed, Still not heard from the social people to access her since filling in online forms last week.

Mam says she's crossing us out of her will

Good morning Ian

The way ahead is to get the community physiotherapist to do a home assessment on Noreen and your home.

Request an urgent referral via your GP or district nurse.

It’s imperative Noreen does not spend the rest of her days in bed. Prolonged bed rest has its risks.

I realise she is in a lot of pain and distress and you are under a lot of pressure. When your mum says she is taking you out of her will, there is another message “visit me more often”. It’s something the elderly sometimes use and sometimes they say it when they are confused or feeling alone, try not to get upset. She is probably scared that something will happen to her and you won’t notice now the attention is focused on Noreen.’

Is there no one else in the family who can visit your mum and take some of the pressure off you?

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 1st May 2024 at 10:02..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote