View Single Post
Old 8th November 2006, 10:11   #7
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN View Post
Well, it seems that the ipod/Icelink route is going to be the only viable option, if I choose that - thanks for your info though.

Interestingly, I have a tourer but the changer IS mounted in the glovebox. I think this is because I have the hi-line satnav, and the space where the changer would be if fitted in the boot is taken up by the nav computer.

I'll do some hunting around for a cheapo compatible ipod for the Icelink.
Ah. As Keith says, I guess it must be a 260 thing to mount them in the boot then.

The good news is that you will have a much easier job of setting yours up if you go for the icelink. You have to run through some instructions to get the thing to recognise the BMW head unit. This is easy enough to do, but it uses both displays, so if you're shuttling back and forth from the front of the car to the back within 15 seconds each time before the screen blanks, it's NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- knackering after a while!!!

Be aware that all the menu functionality using disc 6 seems to mess with the head unit's head a bit. It does work, but the display does funny things (which revert with no problem when you restart the car). I just use the first 5 CD buttons to run 5 playlists (1 for my wife, 1 for my daughter and 3 for me ) and it's superb at doing that. As it's playlists, you can have songs mixed and matched without having to double up on storage space on CDs.

'Kermit' - MG ZT-T 260 Mk1 - VIN 019
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote