View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 13:19   #482
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hi Sean, I would like a manual please. I have bought an aerial from Capese, did one come with the dvb/t box as I cannot identify it. I am waiting for someone to fit the dvb/t and wireless reverse camera and do the how to before I tackle it. Many thanks. John.

What are you finding difficult about the DVB-T install?

It just needs 12 v and then plug the AV wires in to the ones marked up for it on the unit. One for Video and two for the stereo audio. You can't really get it wrong. The aerial from Capese I think comes with an F-plug and I dont know what kind of socket is on the box from Radioguy so you could need a simple F-Plug to Coax plug adapter at £2 from B+Q. If lucky then it already has F-plug.

To try it out at first get your 12v by plugging in to the cigar lighter to make sure everything works. You'll need a 12v cigar lighter plug to do that of course. Once you';re happy it all works then you can decidewhere to get a more permanent 12v supply from. I used the connectors intended for the 12v rechargable torch and fitted a switch in the glovebox.

There is another post somewhere from Picky showing where to fit the aerial on the rear window, but only put it there if you don't have a rear sunblind. I do, and it clashed. You then run the aerial cable up over the doors by simply pulling back the rubber door seals and stuffing the cable up behind it.

Not a how to exactly but covers most the points. Can't do pictures as mine is already installed now, but I can tell you it took no more than about 10 minutes.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote