View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 11:49   #26
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default ECU Doctor details

Following a successful repair of Tony Gs cdt ECU I contacted the ECU Doctor Tony used and asked about their services, repairs to water damaged ECUs and the possibility of recoding second hand ones from breakers etc

Note in his reply he clearly knows about the plenum issues!

I am pleased to say he is willing to offer members a discount I suggest if you intend to use his services you mention the club name and your user name when initially contacting him for a repair.

Hopefully companies like this will save some members some money!

"Hi Keith,
Thank you for your email and valued enquiry. Our company does have an extensive (well fairly!) knowledge base and experience of rebuilding the petrol and diesel units fitted to the vehicles driven by your fellow club members.

Water damage is indeed a problem exacerbated by the poor position the unit is installed, bearing in mind our weather and falling leaf problems in Autumn.

Regarding the Rover 75 CDT the first signs of water damage (if not too extensive where obviously a no start situation occurs) can be failure of tacho and temp gauges, rear screen demister and air con.

We cannot remap or recode the units fitted to later Rovers. The operating system is integral with the security.

Our company does not charge a test fee if unable to fully test any unit. Also it waives the test fee if unit is found defective and the rebuild is undertaken by us. Every rebuilt unit is warranted for 12 months and we shall be pleased to offer a ten percent discount to your club members (which we offer to offer car clubs to encourage club participation generally in the industry).

The ECU Doctor Limited
Hemerdon Lodge
Boringdon Road
Plympton
Plymouth
PL7 4EA
Phone/Fax 01752 346437
Mobile 07956 542162

mailto:[email protected]
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote