View Single Post
Old 1st November 2010, 19:28   #6
FlashHarry
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur 2.0 CDT Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmark75T View Post
Hi Paul
that is a blooming coincidence, ...........was based there at Shotley Gate (HMS Ganges) just outside Ipswich, and let me know your fuel figures,
Take Care Mark.
I have a mooring on the river Deben at Ramsholt and over the last ten years one place I have visited on a regular basis is Shotley Marina, which was once Shotley Gate (HMS Ganges). If you have not been back I suspect you will be amazed at the transformation. It has a lock allowing access at all states of tide and is open 24/7 and it is certainly a welcome refuge when the weather is inclement. Worth a visit for anyone as it is directly opposie the Port of Felixstowe and you could spend a day watching the container ships berthing and departing, as well as all the traffic going up the river Orwell to Ipswich, and up the river Stour to berth at Harwich. The Shipwreck bar /resteraunt is good value and you can sit outside on a pleasant day and watch the ships go by. Perhaps a good place for a Forum Meet-up sometime.

I was late leaving to go to Woodbridge, and late coming back. The tank was not quite full when I started but I did fill it up on return. I did 349 miles and it took 39.7 litre which works out at 39.98mpg, but I did most of the journnies at a steady 90mph (only joking of course)!!!! I will see how it works out over the next couple of weeks on mixed driving but I was pleased with that trip. The car is great to drive and I am dead pleased with it.

Hope you enjoy your and persuade your mate to get one.
Paul
FlashHarry is offline   Reply With Quote