View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 15:22   #251
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Last week I realised it doesn't seem to store pretuned frequencies on FM so much as store the fact that it is set for (for instance) R4 and the last good frequency it found it on.
I had a gripe about this issue in a previous reception issue thread. On every other stereo I had, it stores a particular frequency. The station may re-tune to stronger frequencies during a drive when AF is set but it should not update the frequency stored in the preset.

I do a lot of driving where the radio stations retune, I regularly find that the frequency needed in my area that I had saved as a preset has been changed and I need to retune it. Pain in the bum.

I've also noticed a couple of times when the station retunes, it locks into a frequency 0.1 KHz (or whatever range it's measured in) which is very crackly. It will then not retune to the right frequency no matter how long I leave it and I then need to manually tune it the last 0.1. Another pain in the bum.

The tuning of the 'gain' setting doesn't seem to have helped my reception much. I just seem to have it retuning more frequently than before with no perceptable improvement in reception

Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote