View Single Post
Old 12th July 2011, 20:49   #16
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Default Picture

James D - That is a teriffic picture on your start of this post. I tried adjusting my handbrake the weekend. including the spacer business which I still don't think can work as you are just leaving the nut further up the threaded section under the lever. I believe the idea that the cables are slightly too long to start with is the best I've heard so far. I'll read through the entire post and all the responses and see where we go from here. I'm at four clicks best but I do think the brake is on adequately at three now that I have meticulously adjusted at the wheel ends and under the lever. Just have to see how the August MOT goes!!!!

On studying James D's picture of the primary cables (with the square sections) these are what stop the cable pulling through the housing further when you wind up on the lever nut. I reckon if you file some of the squared section closest to the lever to the same diameter as the threaded section, and use a spacer, it will pull further through the housing. This may give the extra needed to tighten the lever pull.

Last edited by denis; 12th July 2011 at 21:18..
denis is offline   Reply With Quote