View Single Post
Old 20th November 2006, 11:39   #15
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
I would suggest in any event that after refilling and running the vehicle for a very short test trip that the level be checked and topped off if necessary. Just in case the fluid cools below the required temperature while filling takes place. Call me pedantic but better safe than sorry
Thats a very good idea. I will have the cover off all day anyhow saturday as doing the oil and filter and also the coolant change.

I will do it properly (hopefully) as thats the whole point of doing it myself as then I know it has the correct fluids in there and I know it has been done.

The air filter is so black at the moment you cannot see any white bits so not sure when that was changed either, but got a k & n on its way to solve that.

Will the auto oil expand when warm then? If so if it is warmed to within the temp range and checked to make sure will it be the recomended capacity while at that temp or is it the recomended capacity while cold? Confusing!

While I am here, the refill plug, is that located above the box at the front end near the battery with a rubber plug? Only had a very quick look so far. The diagrams are a little unclear.

Simon.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote