View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:47   #167
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Not that I want to rain on anyones parade, but I did a bit of investigation to the picture of the Rover 75 V8 estate that is listed as Raven Black/Bacchus in the many colours thread.

The car is local to me and lives about 1 mile from my house, I have seen it around, but finally tracked it down and went to see the owner the other day.

He has many interesting Rover related stories, but the car, pictured in the many colours thread, was not an offical duotone. The car was originally Chatsworth from new and was reprayed about 1 year into its life.

The top half is indeed Raven black but the bottom half is Moroccon Red a Jaguar colour, I am fairly sure it is the same car as this one has a silver grill which was a respray job too as they are normally a dark colour plus a source says that no duotone V8s were produced...

It is still a great colour combination, the 'duotone' follows the offical line, but the tailgate is painted black to the lower line of the tailgate rather than the upper crease Rover would have painted it too.

It is a very interesting car with an interesting history to boot!
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote