View Single Post
Old 13th February 2017, 09:07   #27
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
It would seem that you either don't read what I've posted, or you have no knowledge of how the MOT testing system works. Retro fitting an engine into an older vehicle, rarely causes any problems, as invariably the older car will fall into a less strict Co2 category than the engine is being fitted to it. Sadly the reverse is true when fitting an older engine into a newer cat. An MG ZT 1.8T will be rated at 193 g/Km Co2, with the relevant authorities. The 620TI, (which is the engine that the OP is wanting to fit to his ZT,) was rated at 220 g/Km Co2. When the car is hooked up to the MOT system, the car will automatically fail on it's emissions, as it will produce more Co2 emissions than is allowed for that age/model of car. By the way, running a Cat with the engine, will not affect the amount of Co2 that the car produces, as they only lower the levels of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides, so my original point is correct and not "rubbish" as you posted earlier.
It's amazing I apologised and you still call me out, fine I stand but what I originally said.

Plus it proves you don't read either my car is an auto and my emissions are much higher than that, 'K' category.

My apologies go to minimutly, sorry about this.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote