View Single Post
Old 29th March 2017, 09:05   #2
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Whatever happens you have to accept now that this will cost you. If it's just you time you will be lucky.

Hope you have plenty of witnesses and there's no doubt of who's at fault. A couple of years ago my misses was pulling into a bay at a Dunelm's car park. Halfway in the woman in the Corsa to her left opened her driver's door. My wife's Megane hit the edge of the door and bent it and the A piller. The Corsa had to be towed away, our car was virtually unmarked; just a deep scuff on the plastic bumper.

The Corsa owner admitted verbally it was her fault and we were happy to swap insurance details.

It then took nearly two years of legal effort before the case was closed as the woman changed her story and said she was sat in the car with the door open as it was a warm day and that my wife had driven into the bay at speed and without looking. Initially we were told that the best outcome would now be 50:50 as it was her word against my wife's. A few months later we received a letter to say the case was now closed and it was deemed that it was my wife at fault. No option to appeal
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote