View Single Post
Old 17th July 2010, 06:41   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I did mine this past week and I would suggest you will need some help, plus a good spanner for the tensioner.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=58367

The belts needed are Gates 5PK2030 long one and 5PK870 shorter one for the a/c. So the belt you have is the correct one.

Likely the a/c one will be cracked and in much worse state than the main one, but is much easier to change. The main belt has to come off to fit the a/c one, so best swapped at the same time.

There is a good clear diagram of the main belt route (rimmer?), but the diagram is not completely fool proof with regards to the route around the tensioner and idler pulleys. It is not easy to draw a diagram before you start, due to the poor visibility down there.

I'm not good at diagrams, so I'll list the pulley order as the belt progresses clockwise, as you look at the end of the engine over the OSF wing. Top left corner first-

1. Water pump
2. Power Steering
3. Small idler pulley (the smooth side of the belt to the pulley)
4. Alternator
5. Crank pulley
6. Tensioner Pulley (the smooth side of the belt to the pulley)

If you imagine two capapital W's side by side, rotate the left one clockwise 90 degrees and the right one anti clockwise 90 degrees so their tops are touching, that is the final shape of the belt once fitted.