View Single Post
Old 19th September 2022, 11:40   #4
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil,

That was taken with my iPhone. They are pretty good at dealing with that sort of light as they take a multiple exposure of the scene and blend them together. This is all done in the background without any intervention needed.

Then the image was further edited in Lightroom and Photoshop by myself adjusting the sky, water and subject individually to get a result close to what your eyes would see.Not quite straight out of camera

The same result could be achieved using my Dslr but to be honest I would rather not take the of risk plopping that into the water

Not sure I would be brave enough to sail a boat back from India without all the modern tools of a Chart Plotter, back up paper charts etc. In fact, I wouldn't be brave enough full stop!

Lady Emma is overdue being lifted (Covid stopped play) as she needs her anti foul doing and her anodes (nail) replacing. Will probably/hopefully be getting her out of the water early in the Spring to get this done.
Thats a real good fone you have there. With my DSLR i would have half cocked it (locked exsposure) on th boat, then re positioned to set th scene and then fully pressed to take th shot. Out come ..... No blue sky or clouds and th water like mud. Then a long and protracted visit to foto shop for some cloud/water "recovery" work.

"Boat out" sounds inexspensive. Im sure your "nail" in th motor is fine?? Or is your's motor a sealed unit cooled. No coolent from "Adrian".?? (not correct terms but i hope you get my drift)