Thread: My MG6 thread
View Single Post
Old 29th November 2015, 09:24   #12
Dart2050
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connie SE CDTI Tourer, MGF and Triumph Bonneville America

I had a black petrol Magnette earlier this year which I really enjoyed. Sold it as insufficient rear headroom for my tall sons, both of whom are over 6ft otherwise may have kept it. Having said that, it was something of an impulse buy and I needed to free up the cash, took 3m to sell it but luckily made a few £s. It seems Jo Public just does not know what these cars are !
Best day was beating a friend up Prescott Hill Climb. He is experienced racer and could not believe how quick the MG is and really impressed with its handling, made my day. On the negative side bonnet had a lot of paint chips and the paint appeared to be very thin. Positives were handling and toys. Hill assist is great idea especially as handbrake was awkward and not very good (MG Rover hangover?) I had never had a car with satnav before and once I got the code it was ok if a bit cumbersome I would not rule out getting another MG6 but it would have to be very top spec. It will be interesting to see what the SUV is like when it comes our in February.
Dart2050 is offline   Reply With Quote