View Single Post
Old 20th October 2010, 09:19   #30
dunkydoo

2003 Rover 75 1.8 club SE Turbo

The phantom non-starter has struck me again too! Last night (getting a bit frosty) the alarm went off. I went and reset it, but it blipped as if there was a door open. I closed all of the coors and the boot, and it reset without a hitch. 2 minutes later the alarm went again and I was unable to reset it as it still thought somewhere was open. I had to leave the car unlocked because I was unabel to start the car! It turned over, but wouldnt start (no coughing or spluttering). I left it, and this morning I have the same problem.

This occurred last year and I removed the bonnet sensor switch as it wasnt working, and I have sealed the ends of the cables so that the circuit cannot complete, so I know it isnt the bonnet. I cannot see why it will not start, but again this happened last year, and as soon as I removed the bonnet switch and reset the alarm (no blip) the car started fine.

Any advice on how I can fix this? Im getting to the end of my tether with this car and I think it is going to have to go once I have sorted this out. Head gasket, stereo, cat converter and exhaust have al had to be replaced since I bought it in November last year, and now this!!!

(its a 75 1.8 petrol turbo, 53 plate)
dunkydoo is offline   Reply With Quote