View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 13:08   #3
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I got back on the engine job this morning, I decided to whip out the pistons whilst the sump is off to check them. I found noticeable wear around the gudgeon pins so they're not going back in. I have some new ones that I'll use instead, the crank is like new, as are the shells. I cleaned the block where the liners sit and fitted the new liners. I used a space saver shim and a machined head to fasten down and hold the liners as they set. In the morning I'll clean the underside of the block and fit the pistons, I'm changing the filthy ladder rail too. I'm aiming for an ultra clean and smooth running k series with no oil loss/little usage. The head is lapped and the valves can go in when I finish a total clean of it. It's all gone a bit Anorak shaped.
Well done. Just one question is your Ladder Rail the uprated modified type as per the kit ZUA000080. This was introduced to help strengthen the the overall clamping of the head gasket i.e. multi steel head gasket and lower Oil Rail Kit.
Regards
Telfer.
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote