Thread: My Pictures
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 07:45   #314
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Hello Phil..

That Sony A9 looks like a beast. 20 frames per second. Tracking auto focus refreshing at 60 times per second. No flicker or blackout in view finder when tacking picture. Silent shooting etc etc.
The camera is aimed squarely at sports, wildlife and photo journalist professionals and yes it costs £4500 The Canon and Nikon top models that are it's main competitors are more expensive however so in some ways it looks like a good deal. On paper the Sony out performs the other two.

I want to see how it performs in real life in the hands of experts over the next few weeks. I bet there is something disappointing, as all cameras seem to have a weak spot or two.

On the other topic, my camera does have an eyepiece and I would not purchase a camera without one. I use the eyepiece most of the time and only use the rear screen when holding the camera high or low. I prefer not to use the rear screens but will do so when I have to.

I may upgrade my camera later in the year so I shall be looking at camera options also.

The Sony 6300 and 6500 are great all round cameras that produce excellent stills and video. They are small and some people find them fiddly. Overheating when shooting 4k video for a long time can be a problem.

The A6500 will certainly be one that I will consider buying Or I may go full frame. I have not decided yet and I will not make my choice for months.

The GH5 seems pretty good but has poor auto focus in 4k video mode.

The Fujis are also another great option.

All cameras seem to have a downside

I will most likely stick with Sony but if something better comes along from another manufacturer I will swap.

I hope you find the correct one for your needs. I find making a short list of "must have" can be useful for ruling out some models.

On my must have list would be

At least 20 mp sensor

Good dynamic range

In body stabilization.

Fast auto focus acquisition of subject - tracking not so important for me as I do not shoot action shots.

And the list could become a lot longer

It is good advice to factor in the cost of the lenses also.

http://www.paulstickley.com/

Last edited by Rocket; 21st April 2017 at 08:33..
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote