View Single Post
Old 24th October 2009, 09:31   #29
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobon View Post
I'm thinking about a double din unit for my ZT and all the ones here look great.
Trebor i've been looking at this on fleebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD716G-CAR-7-D...item518d7664d3
I was wondering if it's the same model as you have?
Also i have a single din set up at the moment what sort of adapter would i need,is the sound any good and can other types of sat nav such as tom tom be programmed into it?
Oh and do the steering wheel controls work with it?

Cheers Bob.
That is the same unit as mine which i paid £270 for less than 12 months ago, so certainly a good price.

You need a double din facia which cost around £50/£60 for a BMW E46 one, however this unit is slightly bigger than the facia ( height wise not width wise ) which i didnt realise at the time so i ended up cutting the top bar off the facia which wasnt ideal but works and now fitted is hardly noticeable as the top of the facia sits under the eyebrow anyway. ( see below )

The unit comes with IGO8 which is a fantastic piece of kit anyway so i have not experimented with other types of sat nav - they can be programmed but might possibly freeze up at times .

At the time i bought my unit Xtrons didnt do a steering control so i bought a PACSW1x from USA which was another £50, its a universal type which is capable of learning the commands from the infra red remote. Xtrons now do a steering control so you coulkd check if it works with this model, log onto their website, my e mails have always been answered within 24 hours.

So all in all i am very pleased, but the unit, facia, steering controls took my cost up to around £380 plus bits to build the " cage " to hold it in place.

If i was looking now i would be very tempted by the MG7 ( see other thread )
one from China which is on another thread, but comes with facia, and no doubt steering controls should work, and a decent price all things considered.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote