View Single Post
Old 10th June 2019, 16:58   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpainter View Post
Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn Nearside (carrier arm bush) [5.3.4 (a) (I)]
Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn Offside (carrier arm bush) [5.3.4 (a) (I)]

Just had my 2004 v6 fail its MOT for the first time not bad for a 15 year old car!
I’m assuming that the carrier arm is what we would call the front wishbone but I don’t know what the numbers mean , is there any one can help me with that?
I have watched the YouTube film on replacing the wishbone and feel confident enough to attempt the job myself!
I just need to source and order the parts, any suggestions would be gratefully received as well as anything to look out for doing the job, it looks like a straight swap over but I’m sure it not!!!

Well I wouldn't call it a wishbone, but it is in the same place where wishbones are fitted to some cars.

Before buying any parts you need to establish exactly where the play is. It could be in the hub itself at the bottom where it clamps the lower arm outer balljoint.

Jack up and secure the each side in turn and then waggle the wheel whilst looking at the balljoint and see if it is moving in the hub, or the play is in the balljoint itself - if that is the case you will see the play between the lower arm and the balljoint.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote