Thread: Flat battery
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2017, 11:32   #5
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike24 View Post
About a month ago my wife moved the driver's seat (electric memory) ready to go shopping, got in the car, but it wouldn't start - flat battery. She hasn't driven the car since, so the driver's seat hasn't been moved. This afternoon I moved seat in order to vacuum the footwell (doesn't happen very often), got in the car this evening to visit friends - flat battery...

The battery was in the car when I bought it nearly three years ago, but, apart from these two occasions, has never given any trouble. I am wondering which is more likely; that the battery is coming to the end of its life; that, somehow, moving the driver's seat is causing a rapid drain on the battery; or neither of the above?

I've just though of another possibility; I've been having trouble lately with the windows not working properly - perhaps its something to do with them?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Well, the battery looks the likely culprit, but, in case it isn't, one problem I had with a battery drain, the drivers electric seat fuse was the problem. Took an auto electrician to find that one out !! Just a suggestion.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote