View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019, 00:30   #8
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

That sounds like a great solution!
Where can I get TOAF? (sounds kinda shady!)

Free sounds a lot better than 600 euros! I have Blackbox software for my MGF and Freelander and it is excellent, almost T4 level. I would have liked it for the ZT, even at that price but they are very difficult to deal with. They offer Paypal payment in some countries but for reasons they won't disclose will only sell to Canada by bank draft. If I used that my better half would know and would beat me to death with my amputated arms!

Slovcan, When I imported my (less complex electrically) 1997 MGF I was able to use a simple DTRL module made by Grote. It worked great, and I have used it both with the low-beam headlights and LEDs. With the new federal regs coming in Grote has discontinued the simple version and come up with a unit that will turn on all of the lights along with the ignition. I really don't want that but if TOAF doesn't do the trick I will swipe the unit off my F.
Right now there is no big hurry to do the test but I don't want to miss all of the good summer weather. BTW: There is no way I'm taking the ZT anywhere near Canadian Tire. They don't know MG from GM! I use a small independent shop that is used to testing strange cars. They do lots of Kei cars, Delicas and Skylines imported here from Japan and don't get flustered.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 20th June 2019 at 00:39..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote