View Single Post
Old 21st January 2017, 08:38   #18
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
Sorry, but it was a Rover....an SDI. A real Friday afternoon car. So bad I think they built half of it one Friday afternoon, waited a week, then finished it the next Friday afternoon. I virtually replaced the full car mechanically speaking. Every damn thing went wrong, usually on a weekend, but the car particularly loved Bank Holiday weekends, especially the four day Easter weekends, or Christmas to break down. Good Friday a.m. was usually the time.

Hatchback hinges, rear wiper wanted to wipe the number plate rather than the window, starter motors packing in in motorway tailbacks, steering racks packing in so I could only turn left, central locking refusing to lock, and when it did lock, it would unlock as I walked away. This could happen 20 or 30 times before it decided to stay locked.
I could list many, many, more, but the more I list, the more depressed I become. So I will leave it there.
My Uncle had one of those new in the 80's and it was exactly the same, he got locked in his once so he had to climb out a window, the dealer was worse than useless and after in his words '' a year of hell'' he part exchanged it against a Ford. Such a shame because when it was going it was a great car but let down by poor quality components, poor quality control and bad assembly.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote