View Single Post
Old 28th April 2017, 18:08   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default Another master clutch cylinder topic

Hi guys,

I know there are several topics regarding the master clutch cylinder, however there might be new information available that might be an answer to one of my questions.

1 - There are mixed opinions about this, but what is the best performing/ longest lasting MCC replacement?

2 - Is it easy to determine if your MCC needs to replaced, or if there is something else happening? (symptoms described below) Are there tests methods? (maybe its my clutch itself?)

3 - I couldn't find a how-to with pictures, only with just text. Could there be a how-to on another forum that also has pictures?

My current symptoms: lately, it feels like it is getting a bit harder to put the gear in 1st and in reverse. Sometimes I also feel it is getting a bit harder at 3th and 4th gear. I checked the level, and it looked perfectly fine.

My car is a Rover 75 from 2000 with about 50.000 miles on it. It has a 1.8 NA K-series engine. It is mostly driven on highways, and I drive like a granny ( lol ). However, I brake with the clutch as well .