View Single Post
Old 17th September 2014, 00:56   #1
farad

ROVER 75

Default Rover 75 2.5 Overheating , fan* ??! need advice/tips

OVERHEATING Issue, fan Problem..(*perhaps!).

I got this happy car! and I am so happy with it so far, I have it just for about 10 months without any problem. it ran just 73,000 (1999- Petrol).

Yesterday suddenly it showed me _Overheating engine_ In Traffic.

In first a few minutes I noticed the radiator is Not Hot!, BUT after few minutes ( driving 2 miles) again it alarmed Overheating..,
Stopped the car BUT FAN was not working, switched off and on ( and put some water on radiator to make it cool) fan did work.

But since then for hours I tried and Fan is not working now - I have to mention that although engine becomes hot, but no alarm showed any more and it shows normal temperature from inside.. ( I am afraid if i damage the engine).

I tried to turn the fan by heating the cabin, but fan is not starting to work..

Also to mention; last year, previous owner has changed all cooling system(radiator etc..) 2000 mile ago!
he told me that because they couldn't find the problem, they replaced every thing ( I saw the receipt of £800 last year for to replace /part/labour for overheating issues).

I am new with Rover and no knowledge what so ever, i just like it!, now it makes me sad that i can not find the problem, as i showed my car to 3 expert but they said we don't know and we have to see and it's a hard job to diagnose, and .. (realize they needs me to pay lots for something they don't know about!)

HOPING YOU CAN HELP - I really appreciate your time..
I still not sure if it is the fan -not working- causes overheating?
Or something else like a fuse ? can you advice me on what can i do? e.g; where can i find the fan's fuse?
and, I don't have Air Conditioner, is there any other test for fan ?
also, shall i change coolant liquid/water? how? Any tips/ ADVICE would be greatly Appreciated..
farad is offline   Reply With Quote