View Single Post
Old 30th March 2010, 18:24   #7
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

Apparently the garage dont know the part number, Ive been on the phone to them all afternoon. After many lengthy discussions between the garage and myself i have finally found the part they need. They described it as a plastic pipe that comes off the water pump and connects to a hose and a metal pipe. How can a garage not recognise a ****** thermostat housing?????????????????? I am absolutely furious. They told me the part i needed was a six quid pipe that they had to get from john grose. It was unavailable and could take weeks or months to come. I found the offending part thanks to raykay, then i took it to the garage. They told me it was the wrong part and the mechanic "couldnt get it to fit"....!!! I doubt he bleedin well could!!! So after all afternoon on the phone it resulted as the thermostat housing. I got the part from john grose for a very reasonable £30. I now have to take it to the garage tomorrow to be fixed. I am fuming because...
1. The part they ordered and could take weeks or even months to come was the wrong part. Meaning if i had waited for them to get the part the car would still not have been fixed.
2. A trained mechanic cant recognise a thermostat housing so how can i be sure he'll fit it correctly?
3. If they had ordered the correct part it would have been fixed the same day.
4. I have NEVER had a car at a garage where i have had to source the part and do a 17 mile round trip to deliver the f*****g part
I shall be having words with the manager tomorrow. I'll wait until the part is on the car first, im afraid that if i say anything before its fitted the mechanics will treat the car like sh*t and rag it round the streets.
This is the first time i have used this garage, and oinly because my usual garage was booked solid for over two weeks. Being a water leak i had to get it done sooner rather than later and this place was recommended to me. I will never have anything to do with the place again.

Last edited by stevie; 30th March 2010 at 18:26..
stevie is offline   Reply With Quote