View Single Post
Old 30th March 2010, 21:38   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Apparently the garage dont know the part number, Ive been on the phone to them all afternoon. After many lengthy discussions between the garage and myself i have finally found the part they need. They described it as a plastic pipe that comes off the water pump and connects to a hose and a metal pipe. How can a garage not recognise a ****** thermostat housing?????????????????? I am absolutely furious. They told me the part i needed was a six quid pipe that they had to get from john grose. It was unavailable and could take weeks or months to come. I found the offending part thanks to raykay, then i took it to the garage. They told me it was the wrong part and the mechanic "couldnt get it to fit"....!!! I doubt he bleedin well could!!! So after all afternoon on the phone it resulted as the thermostat housing. I got the part from john grose for a very reasonable £30. I now have to take it to the garage tomorrow to be fixed. I am fuming because...
1. The part they ordered and could take weeks or even months to come was the wrong part. Meaning if i had waited for them to get the part the car would still not have been fixed.
2. A trained mechanic cant recognise a thermostat housing so how can i be sure he'll fit it correctly?
3. If they had ordered the correct part it would have been fixed the same day.
4. I have NEVER had a car at a garage where i have had to source the part and do a 17 mile round trip to deliver the f*****g part
I shall be having words with the manager tomorrow. I'll wait until the part is on the car first, im afraid that if i say anything before its fitted the mechanics will treat the car like sh*t and rag it round the streets.
This is the first time i have used this garage, and oinly because my usual garage was booked solid for over two weeks. Being a water leak i had to get it done sooner rather than later and this place was recommended to me. I will never have anything to do with the place again.
can you give us a hint which garage it is?
may come in handy in the future.