View Single Post
Old 28th January 2017, 09:42   #12
RattyB
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN04TVE View Post
Coming back to the fold after some time away from 75 ownership,
after finding myself falling in love with a 260 V8 in my native Nottingham when on a visit some months ago...
..as I've very recently stumbled, and by that I mean this morning -on a 260 V8 that was parked right next to me as I stopped to fill my little works van with petrol..I recognised the car straight away as a V8 by the Wing-badge, not seeing it from the rear or from the front..

My hopeful questioning of " ..don't fancy selling that do you?" Expecting the usual response, rare car, had it forever, would never sell etc..the chap straight away says" ...well, yes, Im thinking about it.." ..and went on to tell me a little of the cars history -ex.fast response vehicle, ambulance, 2nd owner I assumed..but the good part, well-I thought it was- was the next bit.." ..Ive no idea what to put it up for.."

Now, my question to the forum is this: I love this car, it is JUST what Im looking for, and it would be a very long-term keeper -what would be a fair price to both parties?

The car: reasonable condition, obviously used as an everyday car, judging by stone chips and the fading of the Mustang emblem, but also obviously enjoyed, and as such -judging by the owner, who was fastidiously dressed in tweed cap, would, I assume, be just as fastidious with the servicing of his car...some chaps of the older generation believe a car should be driven first and washed second- (my father was one of them, very rarely washed his cars, but by goodness they were impeccably maintained!)

Interior perfect, if a little scuffed, in blue leather wth cream/poss. Stone piping..serpents were not perfect, and it started and pulled away with minimum of fuss..

By using the internet and trying to findan average price is a needle, haystack etc..these cars so rarely come up for sale that all I can see is anything between 5-10,000...that is a little vague is it not? Time to turn over to the guardians of the marque..

What do YOU guys think?

Thanks for any help and guidence - Im going off to read the full buyers guide in the hope of a phone call this week...

Ex-emergency services vehicles are the embodiment of caveat emptor! I would use that as a starting point to bring the price right down, as it certainly wont have been driven with care and consideration.
RattyB is offline   Reply With Quote