View Single Post
Old 9th March 2017, 11:42   #20
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
Years ago we were abused by a nutcase of a warden at Whitewater Park near Stockton on Tees. He was out with his tape measure complaining our caravan wasn't square to the pitch. It was inches out.
Later that evening a collection of youth were playing at revving car engines in the car park close by but he wasn't to be seen.

Camping and Caravan Club proved be largely normal friendly folk, can't abide snobs.
My son had a similar experieince with his tent at Stockton Caravan Club site - the wardens argued it was 3 inches too large for the pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
What year was that? We have been there several times and found the wardens spot on. At the time that is, haven't been there for a few years though. We are considering joining the c and c club.
Make sure you have a good look at the pricing structure of the C&C Club before you join Rich. I didn't renew my membership 5 years ago (after 25 years!) when they started messing around with 'flexible" pricing, "shoulder seasons", reducing the age based concessions, and other sneaky ways of getting money out of me. It was a shame, because all of the other members I met were fine - no snobbishness at all. It was the management and their attitude to pricing that cheesed me off. The final straw was booking a week at Haltwhistle, about 6 weeks in advance, and then getting there to find that anyone booking in the couple of days before I arrived was being charged about 2/3rds of what I paid. The Club reserved the right (as they told me when I raised the discrepancy with them) to suddenly, off the cuff, reduce prices at the last minute to attract extra bookings, even if that meant penalising people booking a wee bit in advance.
Since then, I have used UK Campsite as my main source for sites (and feedback on them) - and haven't had a bad one yet after 9 or 10 bookings.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 9th March 2017 at 12:30..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote