Thread: S392deh
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2017, 18:07   #12
NickDunning
Regular poster

2003 Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There are other sources you can try. If you send Reebs a pm, giving the full vin number, he will be able to supply with a wealth of information from the MG Rover data base, assembly details. One should bear in mind that when MG Rover went into administration, some of the records could not be updated and are incomplete. Another useful source, is to have your car connected to a T4 by one of the T4 gurus. A few years ago, MarinaBrian ascertained that MG Rover, changed the ECU in my car in Feb 1999. I suspect they did this to allow for future updates/upgrades. I could be wrong about that.

Other sources include posting up on all of the Rover 75 and MG ZT forums, asking about your car's history. There is a lot of helpfulness and information out there
I think I can put together the history of the keepers of the car, it's the initial 2001 registration that's interesting - there will be scans of forms from when it was registered which will show interesting light I suspect (and DVLA only charge £5 for this - or did the last time I did research like this).

I've spent a lot of the last 20 years researching 1960's Rovers, usually in dusty registers, the thought of plugging one in to get history is new to me .

I will mail Reebs, I do know him from our involvement with the Joint Rover Clubs etc. I wasn't aware there were more details available. All fascinating stuff.

Will PM you shortly on the other issue.

Cheers
Nick
NickDunning is offline   Reply With Quote