View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:31   #11
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
What should I look for as far as problems or issue that maybe apparent?
to the club Mike.

There's one test which can easily be performed and is relevant to all the engines and that is to check the operation of the radiator electric fan. I don't think it's included in the guide which suzublu has provided.
The best time to do this is just after the engine has been started from cold. All you do is to press the windscreen demist button on the automatic air conditioning control panel. Immediately the internal blower will run noisily at high speed but you're going to ignore this. Get out of the car and walk to the radiator grille. Listen for the radiator fan running continuously. If it isn't running, or it is pulsing on and off regularly, it will need to be repaired.

My general advice would be to leave your cheque book at home. Make a list of all the faults and things which you don't understand, then come home and post them here in as much detail as possible. 1.8T owners will then offer you free advice based on their experience and the more general issues will be answered by other members.

Remember Mike, no matter how much you instantly fall in love with the sumptuous interior and classic lines, let the buyer beware!

Good luck with it, and hope to hear from you soon.

Simon