View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 16:53   #1
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Default LED monitor - er no, it's LCD with LED backlighting. Looks rubbish?!

Hi all, just bought a new LED monitor for my PC. Now it has arrived it says on the box that it is an LCD screen with LED backlighting.

I hadn't understood at the time of purchase that it wasn't a straight LED screen.

Now it is up and running, it looks RUBBISH

The colours at the bottom are too washed out, or those at the top are too dark. Trying to change the height or angle of the screen to improve things only results in either the top or bottom looking OK and the other looking extremely washed out or extremely dark.

With a solid colour displayed to fill the screen, it looks different shades in different places.

To me this looks like a typical LCD screen from a few years ago, and I thought nothing of them then - this is no better, despite saying 'LED monitor' on the box. Seems to be a dodgy description (but allowed by the ASA) to fool people like me into buying it.

I suppose a 22" LG LED full HD monitor for £76 delivered was bound to have a catch.

Does all this make sense and sound about right? I'm going to see if I can compare it to a small LED TV (if the latter has a VGA input) to check that a PROPER LED screen will display how I was hoping.

Very unhappy about this monitor, my old year 2000 massive Iiyama CRT had a far far better picture!

Any thoughts/opinions? And can anybody please recommend a good cheap LED full HD 22" monitor?

Thanks
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.

Last edited by Bolin; 5th January 2017 at 16:56..
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote