View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:10   #3
markb63
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 +

the mod to the cooling rail was done with silicone hose and two sections of stainless steel with the ends beaded over , my mild steel rail was in very poor condition and xpart said they did not have a stockist any more..... i refilled the cooling system with nearly 8 ltrs of mix and allowing for over spill from bleeding is near as dam the 7.2 .

have read of several posts of fellow members who say they have no air lock but heating is not good , even members who have used the pella.

just thinking that there is a different problem that we are missing , so does the thermostat control the flow round the system . my water pump was replaced approx 39 k ago with belts ...

if everybody thinks its an air lock , i have to take there advice as i have only owned the car for 2 months and most of you have been tinkering with these cars for years .

if thats the case then will hhave to try and get hold of a pella or take a trip to lates , how much do they charge to empty and refill a system ( ball park figure ) cov not to far from me .... i wonder if they are open over the bank holiday , this is doing my head in now
markb63 is offline   Reply With Quote