View Single Post
Old 14th January 2017, 15:14   #10
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
As far as I could've seen, I mean yeah it was dark and I could only take a peak with my flashlight (I was waiting for the towing truck to arrive), the driveshaft didn't seem to be the issue, shfited in 1st gear got out of the car but no wiggles underneath the car, no movement at all from the driveshaft, I am still waiting for a call from my local service, the car has still been in there for the last 2 days but they're quite congestioned now and only monday they're going to start looking into it. Thank you all guys for your info on this, helps a lot!

EDIT: And btw, I replaced the slave cylinder like 2 weeks ago, forgot to mention about it, because of having no pedal at all, and I can know 100% sure that the labour work was done 100% flawless, there's 2 guys in there that are just topline pros and they take extra care for details too (I've finished a lot of special projects with them for another 2 cars of mine and that's why I'm saying it, one of them dissembled a whole Jeep Wrangler YJ of mine piece by piece and installed almost every new part back to it's place with mods needed to be done for everything to work, it was an offroad jeep project). Now we'll see. I tend to think that maybe I couldn't see nothing because something was broken from inside the transmission, could be that too.
Hum,interesting to know that ,so i would say the NS circlip differential retention is not correctly in place (part 9)

driveshaft not pushed fully home

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001540

Mike

Last edited by FrenchMike; 14th January 2017 at 16:17..
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote