View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 19:52   #62
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I photographed this little chap yesterday. He was wandering around with me amongst the sheep for quite some time.
Then, in the distance, another Pheasant called and he replied.
It was quite satisfying to catch him like this.

The quality of the picture seems a lot lower than that from my camera after uploading..

I like it when they start that behavior. It reminds me of summer evenings when they seem to do it most. Some days I will see 15 or so Pheasants around our muck heap, they seem to find tasty things there.

As you say, quite a number of sites will downgrade the image quality when you upload. Flickr is one of the better ones for keeping the original quality.

I usually shoot in aperture priority as my main concern is usually depth of field. Shallow for people, birds or horses. Deep for insects or landscapes. I dare say the guys who shoot motor sport may use shutter priority to get the background blur how they want it. (I may be wrong as I do next to no motor sport pics). Each to their own of course and I certainly would not say one way is right or wrong, personal preference plays a part.

Edit: I always shoot RAW and I always process the image in Lightroom. Some top pros will shoot JPEG and do little processing. Each to their own.

http://www.paulstickley.com/

Last edited by Rocket; 12th May 2017 at 19:59..
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote