View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:31   #5
beededea
Regular poster

75 connie tourer, MGZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Dean
Did you or have you removed the two anti-roll bar nuts connected to ie drop links both sides ? (remove the drop link also )
I am doing both springs, both sides, just one side at a time so I have only one side jacked up (not a lot of space in my garage so I have to do one at a time).

I have removed the drop link, though not the anti roll bar, that gave me an inch of play.

I used a 5ft breaker bar, sat on it and was able to lever the upper arm low enough to get the spring into the lower seat - I've done it I thought! - However, nope. I still need an inch more to get it into the cup at the top.

Removing the anti-roll bar will help? I'm not sure I understand, do I undo the anti-roll bar bolts both sides and drop it?

I was expecting this job to be easy and it has taken me hours to get exactly nowhere.

I have just bought some claw-type spring compressors that will hopefully give me an inch of play, that with the breaker bar and the anti roll bar removed might get me those three inches I need (fnaaaar, fnaaaar).

Everyone on't'net seems to have replaced these springs easily except me.

The springs are Killen.
beededea is offline   Reply With Quote