View Single Post
Old 31st August 2010, 11:47   #1
just-john
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur SE Auto

Default Fuel problems with my '03 75 Cdti tourer.

Hi Guys.

I'm currently having a problem with my '03 tourer with 76000 on the clock. I allowed her to run a little low on fuel last week and since then she just refuses to start.

She won't start at all when cold except with easy start but will occasionally when hot, with lots and lots of cranking, once again easy-start produces instant starts.

Once started she runs as well as ever with no hesitation or stalling and will rev freely up to the redline with no sign of misfire.

I've tried nipping the injector return pipes and get no sprayback, this makes no difference to the non-starting either.

I can hear both fuel pumps running and have changed the fuel filter; however, if I disconnect the under-bonnet pump the car won't start and run at all, even with easy start. Disconnecting the in tank pump makes absolutely no difference, it will start with easy-start and run as normal.

Before running off to my local injector centre "costapacket motors", I would value the opinions of you wise ones. I now strongly suspect that the problem is with the in-tank pump and lean strongly towards replacing this as my next port of call. Is this advisable or would you go to "costapacket" for the diagnosis first?

If replacement is recommended, I intend to go down the peugeot route as posted by Efreeti but I can't seem to be able to contact Simon for the photo's; does anyone have the PDF file or know how I can obtain it?

-John.
just-john is offline   Reply With Quote