Thread: Rover 75 mpg ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:27   #3
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoc View Post
I'm a first time owner of a 2003 Rover 75 Club SE 1.8 auto.
I'm very impressed with the overall comfort and smoothness of running but I'm wondering what the normal mpg is as it seems a bit of a guzzler !
I know the turbo ups the mpg as well as it being an automatic but what mpg should I expect to achieve ?
Any tips on how to improve the mpg as I've been told that you can't do the old fashioned type 'tuning' on the car ? (It's got a brand new MOT so emissions are all OK).
Thanks in advance.
hi welcme to the club ,congrats on your choice of model .according to the mg rover an 18t auto should do 22.1 mpg urban and 42.8 extra urban,
mine does more in town around 27 mpg,dont forget if your heavy footed you will use more ,dont forget the figures was arrived at by one persons style of driving .i put 15/20 pound a week a week in my 18t and do all the miles i need to .my car is being repaired at the moment and i have a rentel ,vauxhall insignia diesel .last week i went to broadstairs and my usaul driving i had to put £50 in it my petrol 18t i would of done the same on £35 ,i get roughly 32/34 in town and around 46 mpg on motorway .remember if the car has been looked after it will give a good mpg.just like any other car .they say on here to fill the car up and see how many miles you do on a full tank ,that way getting to know your mpg . hope this helps ..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote