View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 08:00   #9
QuestionMark
Regular poster

LHD Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT Conn auto 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I still think it is worth getting the A/C charge checked out, even a system 50% full will still blow very cold but the trinary switch will be struggling to get enough pressure. It could even be a dodgy trinary switch, I had one to fix recently that one day was ice cold and another it was reacting like it had no refrigerant, a knock on the trinary would bring it back to life.

Some places advertise they wont charge unless they make your system x degrees colder so if there is nothing wrong it wont cost.
What were the symptoms of the dodgy trinary switch? Did the blower work only intermittently? Because mine works continually after the initial delay. I prefer to investigate other options before checking/refilling the refrigerant, because that'll probably be £100 I live in Norway you see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
The internal ac/heater blower should normally start straight away normally at the lowest speed with a cold engine: it'll increase as the engine warms up or if asking for air colder than outside it'll increase as the air-conditioning becomes effective. if you press demist it should go to full - does yours? I suspect your lowest speed isn't working, try taking manual control of the fan speed and see if the lowest speeds are pushing any air through.
The blower goes to full when I press demist, yes. And all the lower speeds are working too. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the a/c once it activates, it's just that it takes a while before it does.
QuestionMark is offline   Reply With Quote