View Single Post
Old 6th July 2016, 16:44   #9
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi all,

Probably didn't fill you in fully but I have some experience of boating on the Broads as have done it a few times.

Also have some sailing experience over the years as my Dad was in the Navy and his brother is a very keen sailor and lives on the Isle of Wight so have been brought up around sailing craft .

However, we don't want a sailing craft (far too lazy for all that nonsense ) so a motor craft is what we would like.
Don't want to be hiring, been there and done that so would very much like our own boat which will be our little treat for ourselves and a weekend get away .

I was looking at boats with inboard engines but take on board what you said Mark about outboard engines and that does make a lot of sense, not only that but diesel fumes and Ros don't mix well so a petrol outboard may be a win win solution .

Also I was looking at moorings nearest to home but then chugging along at a leisurely pace to get anywhere we want to go does seem a bit silly so I'll take that advice onboard and we will expand our search for moorings further up stream so to speak

We have friends who have their boat moored at Potter Heigham and they have said there is very good boat sales there so we are going to pop along and see them and take a look at what's on offer.

Not sure whether we will buy a boat that way or privately but we shall see.
We might just take you up on that offer of coming along to take a look at some point Mark

Will probably buy 'off season' as you say so we don't end up paying more than we need and it will all depend on when we can get along to see what's available.

Thanks everyone for all their advice so far (keep it coming) and if we see anything we will let you know