Thread: A little upset
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2017, 13:13   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Problem with leaving it on a drive is that everyone knows when you are away. If I owned a caravan, I would want it stored away (although very local). When I retired I thought I might try caravanning, but never got round to it, despite having storage. Don't think I shall start now - there are too many good B&Bs.
I keep mine at home, at the far back end of the drive. It has power and tools close to hand plus making it easy to load up etc..

Because the caravan is out, it doesn't mean your home is empty. What I have done for years is use a series of plug in time switches, to turn lights on and off and appropriate times. I make it public knowledge that we have several cameras up too plus lights and we are alarmed.

My previous partner, long before I met her (50+ years ago) had the place broken into, but she had almost no security and completely open access front and rear. The rear was part of a shortcut to the rail station and she often had passers by tramping through the back garden it was so open. My first job was to make it really difficult/impossible to get out through the back. Closing the shortcut allowed bramble to grow, now it would take hours to get through.

We have had no issues since, at all.

I spent too many years working away, staying in hotels and B&B's to enjoy it now for leisure, besides we have two dogs. Its nice to just be able to load up, hook up and be off - knowing your accommodation is just behind you and the standard is what ever you make it. I have never had a packaged holiday, never holidayed in an hotel - always either tent or caravan.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 14th January 2017 at 13:19..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote